Because of our research and solution development teams, we have constant needs for new ideas. Working with interns is beneficial for us as well as for them. OSR-Lab benefit from their fresh thinking and creativity. On their side the interns get some experience in a company, get high-end knowledge in security, cryptography and circuit design.
The ideal intern presents the following characteristics:
- PhD or MSc student
- Major in Information Security, Signal processing, EE. Basic knowledge of cryptographic is a plus
- Willingness to learn
- Problem solving attitude
These skills are preferred, but we also often enroll interns with different background. If you think you can contribute to OSR-Lab, do not hesitate to apply.
Two of our management members are in charge of supervising our interns:
Dr. Ir. Frederik Vercauteren is an expert on elliptic curve cryptography, pairing based cryptography, homomorphic encryption, post-quantum, cryptography and side channel analysis for public key cryptography. He is a co-author of the Handbook of elliptic and hyperelliptic curve cryptography, the inventor of the ate pairing and optimal pairings and has made major contributions to the development of homomorphic encryption.
- Handbook of elliptic and hyperelliptic curve cryptography:
- The eta pairing revisited: http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~fvercaut/papers/ate.pdf
- Optimal pairings: http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~fvercaut/papers/optimal.pdf
- Fully homomorphic SIMD operations: http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~fvercaut/papers/DCC2011.pdf
- Somewhat practical fully homomorphic encryption: http://eprint.iacr.org/2012/144
At 35, Dr Junfeng FAN is considered one of the influencer of the cryptography community in China. He graduated from Zhejiang University with a Master of Electronic Information, then obtained his PhD from the Belgian Catholic University of Leuven in Applied Cryptography. He contributed to the research community under the supervision of the IACR President Bart Preneel and internationally renowned expert Professor Ingrid Verbauwhede. He published articles in 6 international journals, presented academic work and and has more than 20 papers at conferences, including 5 at CHES. Dr Junfeng FAN is also a reviewer for Journal of Cryptology.
- Efficient Hardware Implementation of Fp-arithmetic for Pairing-Friendly Curves. (IEEE Trans. Computer - 2012) : https://www.computer.org/csdl/trans/tc/2012/05/ttc2012050676-abs.html
- State-of-the-art of secure ECC implementations: a survey on known side-channel attacks and countermeasures (Host Workshop – 2010) : http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5513110/
- Design and design methods for unified multiplier and inverter and its application for HECC (Integration, The VLSI Journal - 2011) : http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167926011000344
- Novel RNS Parameter Selection for Fast Modular Multiplication (IEEE Trans. Computers – 2014) : https://www.computer.org/csdl/trans/tc/2014/08/06504454-abs.html
- Accelerating Scalar Conversion for Koblitz Curve Cryptoprocessors on Hardware Platforms (IEEE Trans. VLSI Syst – 2014) : http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/535
- Fair and Consistent Hardware Evaluation of Fourteen Round Two SHA-3 Candidates (IEEE Trans. VLSI Syst – 2012) : http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5756688/